Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is long, and also not boring.

To those of you unaware, my nephew (who's moreso like a younger brother), has been a fugitive the last few months. Awhile ago he had some charges pending for a very minor crime and rather than face the charges, he left. Well, he's a nice kid, but not the brightest at times. He moved back to Erie for awhile, only to have feds realize he was back here and check for him some more. Realizing he was running out of options here, he decided to leave again. However, before he left, his girlfriend's mother wanted to see her daughter (Who is an adult), as her daughter decided before hand that she was going to be moving with my nephew, regardless of what may happen. Her mother, knowing that he was on the run, decided to hand him over to the police. So when they showed up, he was taken into custody, and due to running, faces 5 years over petty charges. Yea, it wasn't smart to run - but had the mother left her hand out of the matter he'd still have his freedom.

This legal system is fucked. A 20 year old is going to lose out on 5 years of his life because of a crime that in my opinion shouldn't be a crime. Yes, he was a fugitive. Yes, he was running from the law. Wouldn't you? Tell me you're willing to give up your freedom for something you don't think should be illegal. What if they made reading illegal and you were caught: Would you go to jail over it, or run away to continue to read? How about breathing someone else's oxygen? Give your freedom up, for breathing my air. Am I becoming too extreme? Hardly.

He was hanging around some bad types, i'll admit, and if not for them he wouldn't be in this mess. He had a joint, but the other kids had something else. The cops that were patrolling noticed his car had an expired inspection sticker. They hit the sirens and the kids in his car threw what they had under his seats and ran. He stayed in the vehicle, told them he had a joint and was unaware that his "friends" threw a bag of crack under his seat. Possession is 9/10th of the law, which is just stupid. If I sell you a stolen gun, you're more guilty than I would be for stealing it. Funny how that works, huh? Ignorance isn't innocence, and pigs prey on that.

The reason police need to issue so many citations is to support themselves. They make laws simply to generate revenue. Their reason for creation is not their current reason to "police" and they exist only to be autonomous and provide a job market. I believe however NOTHING should exist solely to perpetuate itself while victimizing others. Of course, i'll have the naysayers and the "law abiding citizens", and the ignorant, blind audience who neglects to have a single thought for themselves. I govern myself by my own laws and don't need to steal from others in order to feed myself. Charging someone 300-500$ for going "too fast" or parking in the "wrong spot" is stealing, whether you want to believe it or not. As for the real criminals - they're hard targets to catch. Which would you rather do: Chase down killers, murderers, rapists, thieves, and other gun toting, violent stricken, potentially dangerous individuals or sit in a comfy car, listening to tom petty, waving your gun in people's faces because they have no other choice but to listen and stfu? If you got paid the same, whether you actually did something or sat by idly, honestly tell me you'd make the choice to do something. If you can, I can tell you aren't a standard police officer.

Federal police and special teams do things. City cops victimize citizens. When you're in trouble, you can call the police, but who will protect you from them? Do you trust the cops? If my life was in danger, I would trust myself before anyone else because I know I won't let myself down. That guy though: He only does it because he gets paid to, and if he fails, he gets paid the same amount of money. So does he care? Not really. Your life, expendable. His life, perpetual. Because of you, the coward; the fool. This isn't isolated - it's everywhere. Open your fucking eyes. The only person you will ever be able to trust is yourself, because even those who are paid to protect you will turn you into the bad guy if given the chance.

To say i'm infuriated with our entire legal system would be like saying Jesus wasn't too thrilled when he learned he was going to get nailed to some wood and left to dry. This whole country is circling the shit stained toilet bowl, citizens standing by idly. So why do I want to become a federal agent? To progress through the ranks, become someone important, and change all the bullshit. Can I? Who fucking knows, but everyone starts somewhere. If I do get there, you'll know. I'm aware that some day I will die. People seem to forget that life is finite. But when I do, I want my name to be carried on forever. I'd rather be a revolutionary than a hero. A fool knows no fear, a hero shows no fear, and a revolutionary fights on despite the overwhelming presence of it. I guess that's always been a dream of mine: To incite so much free thought that it changes not one thing, but everything. Or my life could be snuffed, a fleck of dust on the pages of eternity, blown away without so much as a second thought.

How cruel life can be.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, wow.

    There's a few things here.

    1) yes, cops are retarded in their current 'implementation'. No argument there.

    2) yes, the legal system is, too.

    but!

    3) having crack in your car is probably not a very good idea in the first place, regardless of whose it is.

    4) having expired plates is (again) just asking for it.

    I basically don't GIVE the cops any reason to fuck with me in the first place. By giving them this leverage (would they honestly bother to fuck with you without the expired plates? maybe.. but then again, they're probably too lazy to) you open the window to bullshit. Having a bag of crack in the car is like pouring gasoline on the fire. You cannot honestly argue these points.

    then it comes down to a) paying a "crack in the car" fine, or b) pulling a harrison ford and going fugitive.

    which is the stupid choice here? seriously? drop a dime on the faggot that put the crack under your seat if you don't feel like doing time for him. if you think your 'girlfriend's mom who knows you have warrants' isn't going to turn you in, then you're stupid. maybe this 'lesson' will soak in, or maybe not.

    I had a pretty fucked up youth myself, putting all kinds of shit up my nose and being a jackass in general (stealing from my parents and basically alienating myself from everyone until people just gave up and wrote me off as a lost cause). but since that period in my life, i learned a few things. I don't put myself in situations like that anymore, and don't let people who will put a bag of crack under my carseat if cops roll in my car in the first place.

    lesson learned.

    will your nephew learn the lesson now, or will he require more lessons? that's kind of the question at hand. It sucks that he's gonna end up doing time, but when he pulled a 'handle this situation just like 50 cent would by running away' he kinda stepped on his dick.

    ReplyDelete